Most modern, establishment media (such as newspapers, radio, and especially television “news”) have shown themselves to be completely incapable of independent analysis. Most are beholden to the current political establishment. Most reporters are unable to inject any sort of critical reasoning skills into reporting. Therefore, it’s imperative that you either avoid mainstream media altogether or be able to discern reality from bullcrap.
Below are links to blogs that report the real news with no tolerance for failed mainstream reporting abilities. Below those are alternative media sources from around the world. International media sources have shown themselves to be far less biased in favor of the political establishment.
The starting point for all people who want to understand what government is and how it works should be the short book The Law by Frederic Bastiat. The book is available for free online. Once you read and understand The Law, you can begin to discern how politics works and grasp the natural trajectory of democratic institutions. Unless democratic government is restrained, it will self destruct.
Favorite blogs (in no particular order):
- Calculated Risk – Economics
- Fabius Maximus – Politics, military, war, economics
- Mish’s Global Economic Trend Analysis – Politics and economics
- Nathan’s Economic Edge – Cuts through the media and government lies as they relate to the nation’s economic situation
- Zero Hedge – Focuses on economics and the fraudulent central banks of the world
- LewRockwell.com – Anti-war and pro-liberty
- Mises.org Blog – The hardest-core pro-liberty organization in the nation, with an emphasis on economics and the perpetual failure of government
Other news sources:
- Bloomberg News
- Detroit News
- Wall Street Journal
- Google News
- The Globe and Mail (Canada)
- Guadalajara Reporter (Mexico)
Central / South America
Asia / Australia
Africa / Middle East